21 February 2017
The Federation of (Ophthalmic and Dispensing) Opticians (FODO) represents eye care providers and registered opticians in business in the UK and Republic of Ireland.
Our aim is to achieve eye health for all, delivered through world-class services, provided by regulated community-based professionals operating in a competitive environment. Wherever possible we act jointly with partner optical bodies and other stakeholders to present a united voice for eye health and the eye care sector.
Our members include the national and international high street and supermarket brands, regional and family companies, mobile domiciliary providers and individual opticians. We account for over three quarters of market activity and over two thirds of eye examinations.
FODO represents and supports members through five work programmes:
- Influencing government, policy-makers and opinion formers;
- Articulating the views of companies, practitioners and staff;
- Supporting members through services and solutions;
- Promoting choice, quality and innovation;
- Delivering through partnerships.
To find out more go to: www.fodo.com